1. A summer sun rose between white clouds and lit up an apartment on the 72nd floor of an eighty-story building.
2. It shone on his automatic calendar.
3. But the windowpane was tinted.
5. This was summer and Mr. Tail liked liles, so a lily fragrance now emanated from the device.
6. The tape player that sent the VOICE was perfectly synched with the clock and other devices.
7. Mr. Tale was transported as if he were a puppet, and ushered into the shower room by a door that opened automatically.
8. A smaller HAND emerged from a wall and lathered a depilatory cream on his face.
9. The bigger HANDS, meanwhile, deftly removed Mr. Tale's loose pajamas, and threw them into an automatic washer nearby.
1. lit up / V past forms of "light up"
2. shone / V past forms of "shine"
3. windowpane / N a each part of glass in the window of a building
tint / V to color something a bit
4. tinge / V to imbue something that has colors originally with something different OR to make atmosphere different
5. emanate / V sounds, steam, vapor, smell, light or heat come out from something OR someone comes out suggestion
6. synch / V informal for synchronize. to happen something at the same time
7. usher / V to show or guide someone where they should go
8. lather / V to cover something or someone's face with mass of small bubbles of a soap
depilatory / N a substance used for removing unwanted hair from a human body
9. deftly / ADV in a skillful and smart way